Complete desktop GDPR compliance is split into 2 parts:
- Adding your desktop CMP tag
- Google ad requests integration
1. Adding your desktop CMP tag
- Go to https://www.quantcast.com/gdpr/consent-management-solution/
- Sign up
- Fill in the form:
- Save your changes
- After your site is added, generate the tag
- Copy the tag and put it in the header section of html for your website, this allows you to gather users’ consent before any other tags are loaded.
2. Google ad requests integration
Adding Google as a Non-IAB vendor
After the Quantcast script is added to your webpage, the next step is to make Google capable of reading the consent the user has given. In order to manage that, you must add Google as a non-IAB Vendor. To accomplish that, you have to go to your Quantcast GDPR Vendors page and take the following steps.
- Click on Non-IAB Vendors tab.
- Click on add a vendor in order to set up a new vendor.
Fill in the fields with the data required to identify Google. Here is an example:
Vendor name: Google
Vendor Description: Add the purposes you want to provide that will appear on the CMP. Examples include those approved by Google here, such as 'Store and/or access information on a device (Purpose 1)', or 'Create a personalized ads profile (Purposes 3)'
Click on save vendor in order to save the data.
Check the Non-IAB Vendor ID and keep it, because you will have to use it later.
Integrating consent with Google ads
- useractioncomplete event to know when the consent is completely ready to be used
- getNonIABVendorConsents command through __tcfapi in order to retrieve the consent for non-IAB vendors
Here is an example of a script that integrates consent with Google Ads. Click the image below to access the code.