For publishers that don't have a developer account in either the Apple App or Google Play store, Marfeel develops and registers a partner's native app in Marfeel's App and Google Play stores.
The main benefit of this option is that the publisher doesn't have to pay for a developer account in either store.
But before Marfeel can start development, the customer has to provide Marfeel with certain details regarding the native app they want developed.
Before Marfeel can start developing a partner's native application, the publisher needs to provide Marfeel with the following:
After a partner has requested a native app to be built for them, they must complete the following form and send it to their Customer Success (CS) Executive. The form can be directly downloaded from this article by clicking it.
This form is meant to provide Marfeel with all the details required to register the app in Marfeel's App and Google Play store. It includes necessary specifications such as the app's name, description, category, and so on.
- Once the form is completed, it needs to be sent back to the same Customer Success Executive as an attachment along with the following:
- The partner's logo or any images to be included in the app in HD (High Definition) or as a vector image.
- An email address for someone in the partner's organization that will manage push notifications. Marfeel uses OneSignal as a third-party notification service for all native apps. For more information, see the Push Notification article.
- Once all the details have been defined and images provided, the Marfeel engineers develop and build the app.
- When the app is finalized, Marfeel shares it with the publisher for their validation or any final feedback.