UPDATE: As Apple is rejecting cordova apps released in the marfeel store, we are fixing it releasing all the new apps always in the client's store. This will be the normal flow for native apps.
This may also be the preferred option if the app Marfeel develops will update the customer's previous native application. Marfeel develops native apps in the partner's Apple App and Google Play stores if the publisher wants to maintain full control on the release cycle of their apps and already has developer accounts in both stores.
Before Marfeel can start the development of the partner's new app in their App and Google Play stores, Marfeel requires the following different permissions and files from their specified locations.
0 - Store metadata
After a partner has requested a native app to be built for them, they must complete the following forms:
- iOS Store metadata: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1us3NSNsS2sq4VBBGQV6I5E91SjANVck_Hl3bnKDsN84
- Android Store metadata: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kpJUuHXaUmJWnNM9OwaMGLmcTz-eGU3xg6JcjM8snCI
- iOS answers to the rate questionary: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bZHxNKbQpUnCp6gsqPM4ijhNFj_vDtScVdEvKkEWXvI
- Android answers to the rate questionary: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FMWXezhPcTfwujFY5bqvft4YYJPSkEjtZ1IKQWknwWs
1 - iTunes Connect Developer account
Marfeel requires access to iTunes Connect to enter all the metadata of the publisher's app like its name, description, and so on, in the App store. To provide Marfeel with access to their iTunes Connect Developer account, partners need to:
- Navigate to https://itunesconnect.apple.com and login with their credentials.
- Click Users and Roles.
- Click the + icon to add a new user.
- In the Add iTunes Connect User section complete the following:
- In the First Name field enter Marfeel.
- In the Last Name field enter Devices.
- In the Email field enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Next.
- Select the Admin or App Manager checkbox to assign Marfeel that role.
2 - Apple Member Center
Marfeel requires access to the Apple Member Center to configure all the certificates, IDs, and profiles for the app to be developed for the App store. This step can be quite complicated and is why Marfeel does it on the publisher's behalf.
To provide Marfeel with access:
- Log in to the Apple Member Center using your credentials.
- Click the People section in the left panel.
- Click the Invite People button.
- Enter email@example.com in either the Invite as Admins or Invite as Members fields and then click Invite.
Certificate creation in the Apple Member Center
At any time, users can only maintain 2 certificates for their account.
If a partner has none or only one distribution certificate created, then Marfeel can create a new one with Marfeel's CSR and key file.
If the partner already has two distribution certificates created, Marfeel:
- Revokes one of their current certificates so Marfeel can create a new one.
- If Marfeel cannot revoke the a certificate, the partner must provide the distribution certificate file to use and the associated .p12 and passwords. For detailed instructions on how to get the distribution certificate and .p12 file, see the Obtain and send the .p12 file section.
3 - Google Play Developer Console
Partners must grant firstname.lastname@example.org with user permissions by completing the following. This access is needed to establish all the metadata of the app in the Google Play store:
- Log in to the Google Play Developer Console.
- Click Settings and then select User accounts & rights.
- Select Invite new user and follow the instructions to invite email@example.com as the new user.
- Click the Role drop-down menu and select the following permissions to grant Marfeel:
- Create & edit draft apps
- Edit store listing, pricing & distribution
- Manage production APKs
- Manage Alpha & Beta APKs.
- Click Send Invitation.
4 - Google API Console
Google API Console access is necessary to create and configure credentials and the API key that enables push notifications.
New API Console project
If the app is a new API Console project, the partner must import the the project into FireBase by completing the following:
- Navigate to the FireBase Console and click Import Google Project.
- In the pop-up displayed, select the corresponding project to import and then click Add Firebase.
Old API Console project
If the native application is an old API console project - meaning that the partner has an existing app that's being updated to a Marfeel native app - Marfeel requires access to the partner's Google API console. To grant access, they must perform the following steps:
- Log into the Google API Console with their credentials.
- Select the project associated with your Marfeel native app.
- Click the hamburger menu and select IAM & Admin → IAM.
- Click ADD.
- In the Add Members pop-up, enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the Members field and select Editors in the Roles field, and then click Add.
Obtain and send the .p12 file:
- Get the distribution certificate (.cer file) from the Apple Member Center:
- Log in to Apple Member Center.
- Click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- Click Certificates in the iOS Apps section and download the corresponding distribution certificate.
- Double-click the certificate (.cer file) to install it into Keychain Access.
- In Keychain Access:
- Select both the certificate and its private key.
- Right-click on them and select Export 2 items...
- In the pop-up displayed, select Personal Information Exchange (.p12) in the File Format field.
- Click Save.
- Select both the certificate and its private key.
- When prompted to create a password in a pop-up, enter it and click OK.
- Send Customer Success the generated .p12 file and the password you created.