Adding a type A record to your Cloudflare account is needed to ensure that the certificate provided by the origin server is covered by the domain the request is going to.
A type A record is necessary when pubishers use the APEX domain. An APEX domain is where www is not present. For example, marfeel.us would be an APEX domain.
To add the a Type A record to your Cloudflare account:
- Log in to your Cloudflare account.
- Click Select Website.
- Select the domain you are activating Marfeel's CDN package for at the top of the page.
- Click the DNS tab.
- In the DNS Records section, select A in the first field as in the image.
- Enter origin.yourdomain.com in the second field. For example, if your domain was sportsnews.com, you would enter: origin.sportsnews.com.
- In the third field, enter your origin IP address.
- In the certificate field, select Automatic TTL.
- Click the Cloudflare cloud and arrow icon to deactivate that Cloudflare CDN. When you click it, the cloud should turn to grey. Otherwise, the Cloudflare CDN will still be active and the origin will not go to the IP that is set.
- Make sure the cloud icon is in grey, as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Click Add Record.