Adding a type A or TO record to your GoDaddy account is needed to ensure that the certificate provided by the origin server is covered by the domain the request is going to.
To add a type A record to your GoDaddy account:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click the My products tab.
- Expand the Domains section.
- Click the DNS button for the domain you are activating Marfeel's CDN package for.
- Click ADD.
In the Type field, select TO or Type A.
Depending on the version of GoDaddy you use, only one of a TO or Type A record can be selected.
- In the Host field, enter origin.yourdomain.com. For example, if your domain was sportsnews.com, you would enter: origin.sportsnews.com.
- In the Point to field, enter your origin IP address.
- In the TTL field which determines how long the information should be cached for, leave the default option (1 hour) unless you have customized settings to define.
- Click Save.